Internet crashed yesterday at the internet cafe where we were online and I was
typing yesterday's blog. So I am actually sending yesterday's today (that
is today Uganda time).
Susan and Jackson went back to Kampala to take care of business. Susan to
arrange for a shipping number paperwork for the shipping container. We
also talked amongst ourselves last night and have agreed to do a 4 day trip to Murchison falls for a safari. We ruled out Bwindi because it is an 8 or 9
hour drive each way and gorilla treks start at $500 us and park fees on top of
that....$30 per day. So we will drive a shorter distance to Murchison falls and
see safari animals instead. We will leave Sunday am very early and return
Wednesday. if the paper work for the shipping container goes through day...container
should arrive next Wednesday during the day. Jackson will receive it and
sign off on it if we aren't back from Murchison falls.
When Shalan, Madeleine, Brad and I arrived at the house, Maureen told me Kayanga,
our 7 year old boy, was taken to hospital during the night with fever. Susan
has told me he will be ok. His mom and Jackson are with him. They
should be home later today. Susan’s sister Sarah took a taxi from Kampala to
stay with the girls to keep an eye on them through the day today.
Maureen was washing cooking pots with hauled water from jerry cans with a
battery radio on with some African popular music on. So I started to
dance with Ebra (the 2 year old) and with 2 of the girls joining me. There
was much laughter. Even with the workmen laughing and joining in watching
the silly mouzoungo lady dance African style. Yes....my friends and
family...I've learned to dance like a local here. It is such fun and a
happy thing to do. Then Ebra was fascinated with a small ball that was
full of water and was dripping out. So we played with that and I gave his
raspberries on the back of his neck which made him howl with laughter. Later
this morning when we danced again, he was in my arms as I swayed softly to the music...he
fell asleep in my arms like a warm limp noodle. He is just beautiful!
Sarah had the girls making beads out of coloured paper that she makes into
necklaces and bracelets and we bring them back to Canada to sell and she sells
them herself in the city. Sarah asked to see my sewing and I showed her my
hearts and flowers blocks that the girls were working on. She would like
me to teach her too! So I will see what I can set up. She lives in Kampala...so
we will see.
The four of us also decided to walk back to the guest house this afternoon and
have supper there tonight. A load of lumber was delivered today to
install fascia on the inner courtyard of the house. Together with mortar
mud all over the place, it is pretty messy. It will be a challenge after
dark. I remind you there is no hydro at the house so everything is by
kerosene lamp and 1 solar lantern. To make things easier....we thought 4
or 6 less mouths to feed would be a good idea. I'm doing some internet before I
walk back by myself. The others went on ahead so pick up some wine to
share....a little party maybe! Don’t when Jackson and Susan will be back
from city. And Jackson won't have to drive us all back after supper as he
will not let us walk back after dark. So I am going to head back and
finish my laundry and hang it out to dry in the sun while I'm around to watch
it doesn't disappear and enjoy a glass of wine with the team. so we will
talk tomorrow! Stay tuned and miss you all! Hugs to everyone! .....Nemtebi
of the Mamba clan (aka Chris).
No comments:
Post a Comment