We leave Jan 2nd, 2012 for rural community, 40 miles north of Kampala. To set up a community library and solar powered electrical system. Working with two U of O grad students working on a needs assessment for a vocational school.
Monday, January 2, 2012
Departure Day
Bags are packed, and I'm ready to go. Already I'm so missing Dennis, Eric, my mom, family and amazing friends and I'm not out the door yet. today, the amazing Luweero bound! adventure begins. So I'm looking forward to what lies ahead. Seeing Susan’s shining face with her big smile when Brad and I come off the plane in Entebbe around midnight (Ugandan time, about 5pm here) tomorrow night. We have a 3 day trip planned to see gorillas in Bwindi National Park. Shops with tons of batik fabrics in Kampala marketplace to buy (for me and a few quilter friends....I have my list!). The community library and solar panel system to set up and install. And ground work to lay down for building our vocational school for our maama watali girls. I'm looking forward to it all. I will post if I can from Frankfort or Brussels if time permits. Flying Ottawa-Frankfort-Brussels-Kigali (Rwanda)- Entebbe. So mweraba (farewell) for now!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment