The internet was down in Luweero Tuesday afternoon and today. We found a high speed internet connection yesterday and finished off the blog from Tuesday which was interrupted when internet went down. I'm told someone was working on the internet cafe / post office generator and took out the internet. I didn't post it as I wanted time to look at it again and maybe do some editing to tone it down some. I didn't post because I wanted to take another day and edit it some more as I know yesterday's post is pretty heavy, deep and real as this community is. So I toned it down some.
Today, Grace and Jim spoke to me and felt I should seriously consider going home earlier as they are seeing me struggle with the heat which seems to feel hotter each day that passes. Although nights are cool for sleeping and this is such a blessing! My appetite remains poor and they worry I'm getting sick. My body just isn't made for heat and humidity. I've worked at sucking it up and get on with the day without complaint. I think I have done that but my body isn't happy.
So after much soul searching and talking to Dennis, I've decided to take their advice and fly home on Saturday and arrive home on Sunday late afternoon. Grace and Jim feel I can do more for Maama Watali at home working on the fundraiser and plans to move Maama Wakisa Designs forward while I look after my body. So I've booked my ticket to come home this weekend. I'm looking forward to home. And I am sad to leave this place and the people I've met. Unless the shipping container arrives before I leave on Saturday, I won't be able to help unload the truck and set up the library. This I will really regret.
Today, Grace and Jim spoke to me and felt I should seriously consider going home earlier as they are seeing me struggle with the heat which seems to feel hotter each day that passes. Although nights are cool for sleeping and this is such a blessing! My appetite remains poor and they worry I'm getting sick. My body just isn't made for heat and humidity. I've worked at sucking it up and get on with the day without complaint. I think I have done that but my body isn't happy.
So after much soul searching and talking to Dennis, I've decided to take their advice and fly home on Saturday and arrive home on Sunday late afternoon. Grace and Jim feel I can do more for Maama Watali at home working on the fundraiser and plans to move Maama Wakisa Designs forward while I look after my body. So I've booked my ticket to come home this weekend. I'm looking forward to home. And I am sad to leave this place and the people I've met. Unless the shipping container arrives before I leave on Saturday, I won't be able to help unload the truck and set up the library. This I will really regret.
No comments:
Post a Comment